Monday, July 25, 2011

Time for a NEW Whip!?



Doc and I spent most of our day on Saturday car shopping. We need to trade in our MASSIVE Eddie Bauer Ford Expedition for a much more fuel efficient vehicle. At first my thought was to try and trade in our car for a large 4-door sedan. I was thinking along the lines of a Nissan Maxima, a Volkswagon Passat, and Doc's preference, (but not mine,) a Honda Accord. My original thought process said that we needed a huge car to tote around our huge, blended family. But I've come to realize that it's pretty rare that we have ALL 4 kids at once. Especially when we wouldn't be able to take 2 cars if absolutely necessary. Glenna, my quasi Mother-In-Law, who lives with us in the mother-in-law quarters of our house, owns a very spacious Chrysler Pacifica. She usually spends a ton of time with us and our kiddos, so if we ever needed to drive separately, we'd have plenty of room. My next thought was that we needed a spacious 4 door sedan, because we still need the room for 4 kids, and 4 car seats...ya, I'm serious. I'm moving on from that thought, putting fuel-efficiency in 1st priority, and trying to seek out a great vehicle that is smaller, more fuel-efficient and not necessarily a kid transporter, as it's major function will be driving me to and from work and occasionally transporting Jackson only.

So, are you dying to know what I am wanting to get? I'll bet you can guess with help from my photo! I think I've made an executive decision to try and get a MINI Cooper, a 4-door model of course. I know I want somewhere between a 2006-2008 model, and I'd LOVE Pearl White with peanut butter leather seats, and it must be under 70k in mileage. I'm going to be scouring Indy over the next few weeks for a killer deal on a Cooper. I am also going to be working hard to clean out my truck, take some pictures, and throw a listing up on Craigslist ASAP!

Keep your fingers crossed everyone... I'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment