Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Strength to Overcome Life's Biggest Adversity...

What is harder than anything in the universe...? Yes. Relationships. Who hasn't seen their fair share of troubles when it comes to withstanding God's strange idea of entertainment, which is the difference between a man and a woman. I have a set of friends who I love with all of my heart, who just celebrated their 8-year-anniversary earlier this week. I couldn't be happier for them, and I can't think of a more deserving couple. These two love each other through everything. All though they've never aired their dirty laundry to their bestie, (duh, me...) I'm sure they've seen their fair share of some tough times, because we all do. This couple is more in love, and more right for each other than any two people I've ever known. Their love is the type of love that you may only see once in your lifetime. I'm so blessed to have them as part of my life so that I can experience a love so strong. I'm not talking about my friend Samantha, who has only ever loved one person her entire life, believe it or not. I'm talking about my best friends, Joe Vrska and Greg Lee. See while a large part of the world is still (unbelievably,) trying to figure out, I've discovered through my amazing friends just why a relationship between two people of the same sex works out perfectly. It's obvious really. They don't have to understand each other - they are the same. No...I'm not considering playing for a different team. And in reality, I am incredibly in love with my boyfriend. It's just that I can't understand why it has to be so difficult all the time. Why did God create man and woman this way, with such differences that it's nearly impossible to understand what is going on up there. Sometimes I look at Doc and just think...are you serious right now? And believe me...I totally realize he does the same to me.

I'm sitting here at my desk today, pretending to work when really - it's the furthest thing from my mind. And just like I always do, I'm thinking of Doc. I just love him with all of my heart and although we are constantly facing challenges, I know we'll with out a doubt make it through. Jason Aldeen is on, and he's singing one of my favorites 'I Ain't Ready to Quit'.

Somthing 'bout lighting up a Marlboro red

And that nicotine rushing to my head

And the taste of Southern Comfort on my lips

Tells me I ain't ready to quit


There's something 'bout driving way to fast

Switching gears and hammerin' on the gas

And the fact that they ain't caught me yet

Tells me I ain't ready to quit


Don't start thinking I'm gonna stop

Givin' it all I got

And you think you've seen love

You ain't seen nothing yet

How could I ever get tired

Of waking up by your side

And the taste of your sweet kiss

Tells me I ain't rady to quit


There's something 'bout the way you say my name

That drives this ole country boy insane

So baby don't stop loving me like this

Cause I ain't ready to quit...

No comments:

Post a Comment