Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Design Seeds

Have you all seen this blog? I discovered it on my beloved Pinterest...which I am completely and utterly addicted to by the way. Design Seeds is run by a color enthusiast by the name of Jessica who gives us daily design inspiration by way of posting beautiful color spreads in connection to a gorgeous photo of something we can all relate to. I absolutely love browsing her collections to find inspiration for coloring the things in my life. Especially my home. The house Doc and I live in is nearly a dream come true. I never thought I'd live in such a gorgeous home. We are now in the process of making it our own. We've really made a lot of progress on it considering our busy lives and limited budget, (it is NOT an inexpensive house, lol). My next project will inevitably be our bedroom. I am looking to make a serene living space for the two of us, a retreat, if you will to get away from our lives for a bit and just enjoy each other's company, and...silence above all. I know I want some hues of purple incorporated, but I'm not sure just how I'd like to make them come alive. I absolutely want no part of my usual strategy - which is to pick out a bedspread or duvet, and bring the room together by going off of those colors. I decided this time to choose a color scheme first, THEN find an ensemble to match. I really need to get around to posting pictures of my living room which I designed with inspiration from a single throw pillow. It's gorgeous and different and I absolutely love it. We have a bold cayenne peppered orange, teal, and chocolate brown. I am needing to get some more accessories, but haven't found the perfect ones quite yet.

For the bedroom, I recently found a jaw-dropping color scheme that I think will work perfectly for our space. It will probably take a bit to get this dream of a room to become a reality, mostly because I intend on replacing the ENTIRE room of furniture. I really want an eclectic mix of furniture, so it may just be a matter of finding the perfect pieces at Doc's dad's antique shop. Let me know your opinion of this color scheme, and if you have any ideas to contribute!

No comments:

Post a Comment