Thursday, July 28, 2011

"a pinch of the past, a touch of today and lots and lots of feathers..."

Quoted by online Manchester boutique owners Carly and Sam who have developed perhaps some of the most beautiful feather accessories I've seen yet! We all know that feathers are all the rage this season, and I don't think I'm risking much by saying that it's a trend that I believe will stick for quite some time. I've really given a lot of consideration to one of my previous post questions on hair feather extensions and whether they are 'Smashing or Trashy?' I've recently made the executive decision that while I'm head-over-heels for feathers this season, I am not in love with the hair feathers. I'm not saying that they're trashy...just a bit overdone for my liking. I swear, every girl I passed at the mall yesterday on my lunch break had them in. And I also think there should be an age limit on them. You should not be over 30 and be wearing hot pink feathers in your hair...that's a no go for me. Do the accessories, maybe stear safely clear from the extensions...Just a thought.
Anyway, what a great idea for a boutique, first of all - not that I'd have the time whatsoever, but if I did this would be so much fun! Their online store can be visited at http://www.pearlandivy.co.uk/. The boutique offers a small collection of headbands for purchase which basically resemble a plain, solid color 'scunci' brand elastic headband, (you know, the ones you're supposed to buy for working out or playing sports and are meant to keep your fly-aways out of your eyes?) Then like a seasoned florist, they arrange the feathers like a gorgeous bouquet of flowers. A few of them have jeweled detail as well. I just want to know why there isn't a cute boutique around here with the same type of items for sale right now. It would be almost as profitable as putting in a second gas station on 82nd street in Castle ton...right near the mall, and in between the Shell station at 82nd and Allisonville and the Speedway at 82nd and Bash. Seriously...these are the worst two gas stations in the city...and are also the most inconveniently convenient to my work. Grr!
Back to Pearl & Ivy...The headbands are listed at 25 Euros, and they offer 3 Euro shipping. Which translates to about $35.75 US, and shipping of about $4.30.
So, check them out online, add to your feather obssession collection (like I intend to do) and enjoy a few of my favorite stles from their collection below!












No comments:

Post a Comment