Thursday, September 8, 2011

Ombre...

Let's talk about this, shall we?

'Ombre' n. A French term meaning "shaded." Usually a multicolored stripe, with colors graduating from light to dark. The color effect is woven into the fabric. Generally produced by arranging different tones in the warp.

I just want to to be clear here...LIGHT to DARK. I don't want to offend anyone here, ok actually I don't really mind offending anyone, but come on now. Please, PLEASE do not allow your new growth, or your "roots", as I so often hear them refered as, be grown out 6 inches and claim that you are trying to pull of the 'ombre' look. I just feel like as this look has grown in popularity, people have gotten really lazy with it. I'm just saying...be careful with this look - because I've seen it really look bad one too many times. I am really into the subtle 'ombre' look like in the picture I featured above. Hm...thinking of doing this...thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment