Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Great News In the Workplace!

I was bound and determined today to write about something totally pointless and insignificant...something on clothing, accessories, or funny quotes. But, I walked into work today, on my 1-Year-Anniversary with my company and was called into the directors office. I was terrified at first because literally no one goes in there, unless of course they are being FIRED! I knew I had no reason to fear being fired - I show up on time, I exceed my goals, I am compliant, have never been reprimanded, etc. But I was still apprehensive to say the least. My director, whose name Brian, is a very nice person, but he is not exactly what I would call "approachable". For whatever reason, he really intimidates me. I guess it might be because I sort of admire him professionally. He's really done a lot for our company in the short amount of time that he's taken over here. Anyway, I walked into the office with Kathryn, who is my direct supervisor and sat down in front of Brian. He asked me how my day was going and how close I am to hitting goal for the month. We chit-chatted for a while, he wanted to check with me, he said on how my new schedule is working. I thanked him immensely for giving me the opportunity to work the new reduced hours and to make my schedule. He replied "don't thank me, you've earned it..." which of course made me feel great! Then he started talking about annual raises, and that in the past few years the company has been struggling to provide decent increases, but that this year, the money is available, and he sees fit to reward the staff members who deserve it. He said that the raises this year are based souly on merit and not on tenor. He said that my production has been fantastic and that he has really been impressed with my performance, he thanked me for my commitment to the company, and my commitment to my team for hitting and even exceeding my personal goals. He said that the maximum available pay increase is 6% this year, and he was happy to report that I've received the max, and that the pay has already been applied to my next paycheck! I about fell out of my chair!!! I was so happy to receive the news that I just sat there for a minute taking it all in. He finally said "Is that OK with you Lindsay?"...lol...how embarrassing. He probably thought I wasn't listening or something. Anyway, I am really excited. It's really a substantial increase of my hourly pay, which is great because like I just mentioned, I'm working reduced hours. MORE pay and LESS hours...both adjustments made in the past month! I LOVE the company that I work for and am so blessed to have a great job that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment